I willed them to myself I swear....just look....
The project begun at once. I had been thinking about a hounds tooth pattern for the fabric but then I saw a really thick coastal stripe in buttery yellow, slate blue and green. (2 yards for 4 chairs is perfect and the fabric was 5.00 a yrd) I wanted to replace all the foam to make it extra comfy so I purchased a bag of sheet batting and package of 4 foam cushions. All came to around 15.00 bucks.
I ended up finding Rustoleum spraypaint in a great buttery yellow satin finish at homedepot. 3 cans covered everything perfectly no primer needed.
I set up shop and started spraying...LOve iT already! BuT, I can't get 2 excited. A few light coats is the way to go for a smooth finish. I tend to rush and then do more work fixing everything.
I ripped apart the old seats and cleaned the wood with a bleach spray to kill anything that might be lurking. I let the wood dry out for 2 days.
I then layed the new foam square on top to begin the re-upolstery experiment.
Then I flipped the whole thing over and layed out the batting and traced around the seat leaving a few extra inches around the edges for stapling.
Staple the flat side first & then the sides leaving the corners for last. I made a small fold on each corner and stapled the hell out of it.
And after screwing the seat back on this project is done.
Not difficult and totally affordable. I can't wait to carry them all upstairs and see them around the table.