While at the market I stopped over to the dreaded shelf you always see where the produce that has seen better days & ultra discounted. I saw a bunch of bananas for .58 cents. Very ripe bananas make the best baby food and banana bread so I took those babys home. I found this recipe on cully's kitchen it is now my new Go2 for banana bread! It was the perfect moist texture, full of bananas & a sweet nutty crunch from the walnuts. I just had a piece with 2 pats of cream cheese (as seen in pic..lol) OMG! Just what I needed on this balmy day. Perfect breakfast bread.
1. ½ cup butter
2. 1 cup sugar
3. 2 eggs beaten
4. 4 bananas finely crushed
5. 1 ½ cups flour
6. 1 teaspoon baking soda
7. ½ teaspoon salt
8. ½ teaspoon vanilla
9. 1 cup walnut pieces
1. Mix together the butter and sugar.
2. Mix in the eggs and crushed bananas.
3. Next add the flour, soda and salt to the mixture.
4. Stir in the vanilla and walnuts.
5. Pour into a greased and floured loaf pan.
6. Bake at 360 degrees for 1 hour. (the recipe said 1 hour but after that the middle of mine was still a slight bit wet so I left it for another 8-10 minutes) I checked a couple of times during and it was perfect after that.When still piping hot I brushed the top with butter for a nice shine and flavor. Sooooo Fab!!
xoxo, Sage Mommy