Dec 30, 2008

THE BEST VALENTINE'S DAY COOKIES??

Valentine's Day is my next big holiday to obsess over and what better excuse to bake up some treats and get crafty.
Check out these adorable cookie decorating ideas for Valentine's Day.

CUPCAKE SUGAR COOKIES!!
How cute r these? I am on the
search for a cupcake and martini glass cookie cutter.
I love the hand printed notes on each.





I love the little square cookies. I think I'm going to make ones that look like envelopes...love letters that is.
Olive you. I made my son a onesie that said this.





Look at the cute sugar heart in the middle with royal icing stripes. Divine!






Here is a great sugar cookie recipe:

"The Best Rolled Sugar Cookies" from Allrecipes.com
Yields: 100 small cookies
( I decided to add almond extract instead of vanilla)

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups butter, softened
2 cups white sugar
4 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
5 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt

In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour (or overnight).Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Roll out dough on floured surface 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Cut into shapes with any cookie cutter. Place cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.Bake 6 to 8 minutes in preheated oven. Cool completely on wire rack.

"Sugar Cookie Icing" from Allrecipes.com

Ingredients:
1 cup confectioners' sugar
2 teaspoons milk
2 teaspoons light corn syrup
1/4 teaspoon almond extract (I used strawberry extract for some of them)assorted food coloring

In a small bowl, stir together confectioners' sugar and milk until smooth. Beat in corn syrup until icing is smooth and glossy.

Divide into separate bowls, and add food colorings and extracts to each to desired intensity and flavor. Dip cookies, or paint them with a brush.

No comments: