Dec 30, 2010

{PRADA cake for the girl that has everything}

At first I thought this cake was going to drive me crazy, sometimes the simplest box shapes can be the most difficult because they have to look perfect.

Everything really started to come together after the shoe finally started to harden after almost 12 hours in the fridge. I do not have gum tex but could have added that to speed up the drying which I will make sure to have in the future. Super happy with how it looks. Love the cake board covered in matching fabric and piped royal icing roses I think came out yummy and very pretty. I painted the shoe with silver luster dust and lemon extract and the entire cake and decor is (DUFF's RED buttercream fondant.) Highly recommend his black and red fondants. They are super expensive but taste the best and are really a quality ingredient to work with.

The little purse was a last minute idea because I thought it needed some balance on that side. I just love it and Diana the birthday girl was thrilled with it also.

Email me with any requests, I'm working on the new domain name & website so stay tuned!

No comments: