I love making holiday cookies and using royal icing to decorate them. I love how smooth and matte the finish comes out & how professional and clean they look.
This recipe is easy and really delish! The design is simple to do and looks so pretty all piled up with ribbon around it!
You can find these dragees at Micheals or some other craft store and the swirl design anyone can do. Just shows that the simpliest of designs are sometimes the best!
SUGAR COOKIE INGREDIENTS
* 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
* 2 tsp of Matcha Tea powder
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
* 1 cup softened not melted butter
* 1 1/2 cups white sugar
* 1 egg
* 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
* 3 tablespoons milk
1. In a small bowl, stir together Matcha, flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Gradually blend in dry ingredients. Add enough of the milk to moisten the dough and make it soft, not wet.
3. Roll dough into a ball and freeze for 15 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
5. Roll dough to a 1/4-inch thickness on a floured surface, and cut with a 3-inch Christmas tree-shaped cookie cutter. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
6. Bake at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes or until slightly golden. Let stand for 2 minutes before removing to cool on a rack.
7. Frost outline of a tree around the cookie. After a few minutes flood the middle with the same royal icing to get a clean smooth finish. Decorate as desired.
ROYAL ICING INGREDIENTS
2 large egg whites
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
3 cups powdered sugar, sifted
3 tablespoons of ONO Matcha tea
1. Sift the ONO Matcha and powdered sugar together. Set aside.
2. In the bowl of your electric mixer (or with a hand mixer), beat the egg whites with the lemon juice. Add the sifted powdered sugar tea mix and beat on low speed until combined and smooth.
3. The icing needs to be used immediately or transferred to an airtight container as royal icing hardens when exposed to air. Cover with plastic wrap when not in use.
These are not only yummy but so unique and pretty, everyone will flip for them!
Happy Holidays people..sage mommy