Jun 13, 2009

By Far The Yummiest Oatmeal Raisin Cookies EVER

I'm having a tag sale tomorrow & thought it would be a nice choice for a good morning cookie to sell. I spotted the recipe on big oven but tweaked a few things due to the ingredients I had on hand. Whatever I did worked and they came out so good. Delicious old fashion flavor & so000 moist. Ohhhh let me tell you, these are chewy, sweet, and still warm might I add as I write this review. Can you believe the dedication? The whole house smells yummy. This is another go-to recipe that I'll pass down to the kids...lol.

Ingredients
1 1/4 cups (I can't believe it's not Butter)
3/4 cup Brown sugar
1/2 cup Sugar
1 Egg
1 teaspoon real Vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups All purpose flour
1 teaspoon Baking soda
1 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon all spice
1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
3 cups Oats old-fashioned only
1 cup Raisins (I mixed golden & black because it's what I had)

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Beat I can't believe it's not butter (for baking) and sugars until fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Add combined flour, baking soda, salt and spices; mix well. Stir in oats and raisins.
Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake 10 minutes for chewy cookies.
Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet. Remove to wire rack.
Store tightly covered.