Dec 23, 2008

Perfect 5 Minute Chocolate Glaze

I needed a glaze to go over a chocolate cake I was making but wanted something to just drizzle over the top and dry with a nice shine without a ton of corn syrup. I substituted butter for corn syrup in a recipe I found.
It looked and tasted wonderful. I decided to add toasted hazelnuts over the top last minute but if there are peanut allergies you can pile some fresh rasberrys in the middle.

Perfect for Christmas Eve at Adrian's. HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!

Ingredients
3 tablespoons cocoa
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 cup powdered sugar
3 tablespoons warm water
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Directions
Melt your butter.
Add all other ingredients.
Stir until well mixed and smooth.
Add more water if you want it thinner at this point.
If using as icing and you think it's too thick just let it sit for a few minutes.

No comments: