Dec 28, 2008

Yummy Red Velvet Lollipops

I originally saw these masterpieces on Bakerella's website and decided to
try them for my friends upcoming birthday bash. I hate the spongy
texture of box cake so I am going to
try using homemade cake &
my recipe for cream cheese frosting. The trial run turned out great!



Red Velvet Cake recipe
(I love Paula Deen's, it is super moist)
yields about 40 lollipops
Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cocoa powder
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
1 cup buttermilk, room temperature
2 large eggs, room temperature
2 tablespoons red food coloring
1 teaspoon white distilled vinegar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

cream cheese frosting
Ingredients:
1 pound cream cheese, softened
2 sticks butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 cups sifted confectioners' sugar

you will also need...
1 package candy chocolate melts
(found at Micheal's)
wax paper
Now let's get to making these little goodies...

1. After cake is cooked and cooled
crumble it up into large bowl.
2. Mix in cream cheese frosting. Using your hands...it's messy but you get the best results this way!
3. Roll mixture into quarter size balls and insert lollipop stick & lay on cookie sheet. (Should make around 30)
4. Place in refridgerator for 2 hours or pop them in the freezer for 1 hour.
About 5 minutes before you take the balls out start getting your chocolate ready:
5. Melt candy melts per directions on bag.
6. Using the lollipop stick on each dip and roll in chocolate and stick in styrophone block to cool.
Thanks Bakerella for the awesome idea, I hope you like my version;))I love your blog!

No comments: