How do I love these...? Let me count the ways:
- A good brick wall conjures up a sense of history in a home. The more aged the brick looks, the better.
- A brick wall needs no adornment. It stands alone, naked, and still looks great.
- Brick or stone warms up the space naturally with the soothing colors of nature, so even an all white palette seems cozy.
- A brick feature wall makes a statement. Everything looks better against it, and it is the perfect back drop for a great chandelier or lighting fixture, a stand out piece of furniture or great flooring.
- A brick wall naturally looks better uncluttered. It is the pattern, texture & color all in one element. It can hold court with other great elements but be mindful not to overstimulate the space.
Tip: A friend of mine told me about stone panels. If you are looking to add character and some w.o.w factor to a space but your daddy is not a mason then I would invest in some faux stone or brick panels. That is right...(PANELS) available in many colors and patterns. The panels are real stone or brick (but about 2 inches thick)and are applied to the wall with caulking adhesive in a interlocking pattern like wood flooring. Panels come in 5 x 3 foot panels for around 95.00 each. I know you are thinking this could be pretty costly when doing a whole wall but I would pick an outside wall with a window to save a little space and take care to choose a finish that matches your homes style. I hope this post helps you make your home somewhere you love!
Comment me below and let me know your thoughts on this. I would love the feedback.