Oct 3, 2008

Yummy Baby Cereal Cookies...on a stick!


I was searching for ways to incorporate baby cereal and other iron-rich foods into a finger-food diet for him. So I decided to make cookies with all that baby cereal I had in my cabinet. They turned out delicious! My son Jesse loves them and I give him one for breakfast with some fruit. To mix things up, I sometimes add a banana or a handful of raisins to the mix & bought a pumpkin cookie sheet with the stick inserts and he went crazy.

SERVES 24

Ingredients
1/4 cup molasses or substitute 1/2 molasses for pumpkin puree
1/4 cup butter
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups infant cereal
3 tablespoons whole milk
Directions
1Preheat oven to 375.
2Grease a cookie sheet or spray with nonstick spray.
3Lightly cream molasses and butter.
4Mix in egg and vanilla.
5In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and cereal.
6Add to the butter mixture.
7Blend.
8Add milk.
9Drop on the cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
10Bake 10-12 minutes.

No comments: